Thursday, December 23, 2010

All is Full of Love

I haven’t been beaten hard enough
With the splintered cross
To give a damn about their contorted features
I haven’t hidden long enough
In the tormented rainforest
To know the comfort of murk and serpents

But yet my knees are giving out
Under the waterfall you send plummeting
Into my animate puddle
Rattling your bucket of spare change
At my window
As if to beckon me
Driving me further and further
Down forbidden paths
To chase the phantom feelings
In the name of frozen numbers
Stitched in a welcoming blanket
An overcoat of generous proportions
And a smile of congealed plaster
Emblazoned with the target
And whisked forth by wild birds
In too many colors to name

Goodnight, my would-be lover
I will know you quietly
While the rest of the world
A spoiled broth of time
Shudders in disgust
Sinking its unfathomable fangs
Deep into the curious ribs
Within my curious torso
Lulling me to slumber
On the highest bough
Of a tenderly collapsing tree

No comments: