Saturday, November 28, 2009

Worth and Consequence

Texturized
The thought of you
Coarse as the tread
Of the soles
Of the shoes
That steer me away
Mesmerized
The fog as it rests
Slumbering breaths
Tracing pavement
Tracing the runway
Taking off
In numbness
In shakes
In haste
In a rage
In difference
Stopping only in spirit
To turn
To face you
Your face
Swaddled by shadow
Cradled in fog
Eyes welling
Legs refusing
To budge
To follow
To let go
The static
Don't move
The further I stray
The nearer I draw
The quieter you become
Voices long gone
From the air
From my being
Your hands
Neatly by your sides
Realized
Each step away
Is also a step down
The fog grows thicker
Meaner
Darker
Pulls enmity over my eyes
Spins me savagely
Rearranges concrete knowledge
And I strike every
Single
Edifice
Disoriented
On my expedition
Around this circled course

No comments: